Provision of an Independent Guardian Service, as set out in Section 21-7 of the Human Trafficking and Exploitation Criminal Justice and Support for Victims Act Northern Ireland 2015, for separated children, including separated children who are victims or potential victims of human trafficking.
Service requirements will include:
- Establish and provide an Independent Guardian Service;
- Recruit, support, train and supervise independent guardians to ensure that they are competent;
- Develop written policies and procedures for the service;
- Provide specialist knowledge, advice and support to assist other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of a child victim or potential victim of human trafficking;
- Lead on promotion of the service.
The tender is subject to confirmation of Department of Health funding.
Bids will only be accepted from Registered Charities Human Trafficking and Exploitation (Criminal Justice and Support for Victims) Act (Northern Ireland) 2015 Section 21.4a within the meaning of The Charities Northern Ireland Act 2008.
Estimated date of publication of contract notice: 12 June 2017