Update on General Practitioners and Practices (November 2018)
- On 31st March 2018, Dr John Kirby and Dr Aisling Kirby retired from Derrylin Medical Practice.
- On 1st April 2018, the former partners of Benaughlin Health Centre amalgamated with Dr Khew, Derrygonnelly and Derrylin Medical Practice to form Cuilcagh Medical Practice. Cuilcagh Medical Practice operates from 3 sites ie Derrygonnelly, Derrylin and Florencecourt.
- Bannview Medical Practice in Portadown Health and Care Centre continues to be managed by the Southern Health and Social Care Trust.
- In April 2018, Dr Murty, a single handed GP retired from his surgery in Dungannon. On 1 May 2018 through negotiations with the HSCB, Campbell Surgery in Dungannon took on 70% of his former patients and the remaining 30% of patients were allocated to the surrounding GP Practices in the area.
- The HSCB has been holding a series of workshops and meetings with the GPs in the Dungannon and surrounding areas with regards to providing help and support to Practices on registration issues.
- The Northland Surgery in Dungannon has notified the HSCB that they are resigning from their current GMS contract effective 31 March 2019. The HSCB has advertised for a replacement contractor for the Practice. The Northland Surgery will continue to provide GMS services to patients until 31 March 2019.
- On 31 July 2018, Dr Rosemary Sloan, a single handed GP retired from her surgery in Rathfriland. On 1 August 2018, through negotiations with the HSCB, the three GP Practices operating out of Rathfriland Health Centre and the Ballyward Surgery took on 85% of her former patients and the remaining 15% of patients were allocated to the surrounding GP Practices in the area.