The HSCB received notice from Dr Chu, Ravenbank Surgery (BT6) that she is resigning from her General Medical Services Contract with effect from 31 March 2020.
HSCB officers have held several meetings with staff at the Practice and have also been in contact with thirteen local GP practices advising of Dr Chu’s resignation and the handing back of her General Medical Services Contract.
The HSCB undertook a recruitment process in recent weeks seeking a new contractor for the 1,550 registered patients. However no expressions of interest were received and Ravenbank Surgery will close on the 31st March 2020.
The priority for the HSCB is to ensure a safe allocation of all the patients currently registered and to accommodate the different capacity of local GP practices.
Ravenbank Surgery patients that live within the practice area have been allocated to one of 13 local GP practices and the HSCB can confirm that the 13 Practices have agreed to their allocation of patients.
Registered patients that live outside the practice boundary have been advised that they need to register with a new GP practice of their choice and HSCB has provided guidance on how to do this.
HSCB has issued a letter to Ravenbank Surgery registered patients allocating them to one of the thirteen GP practices.
Patients have a right to choose their own GP practice. However, to maintain some stability for the GP practices affected by this large movement of patients, the HSCB is asking patients to remain registered with their new practice until 31st May 2020. After this date patients may choose to remain with the new practice or register with another practice of your choice.
Dr Chu will continue to provide GP services to all registered patients until 31st March 2020.
The Health and Social Care Board (HSCB) has been given notice by Aughnacloy GP Surgery, Co Tyrone, that it is to hand back its General Medical Services contract following the resignation of its two GPs. We are currently advertising for a replacement contractor for the practice. An advert will be placed in regional press and medical journals in order to reach as wide an audience as possible. The contract will be advertised in March 2019 but it will be the beginning of May 2019 before the outcome is known.
The GPs in Aughnacloy Surgery will continue to provide GP services to patients, both at its main surgery and the branch surgery in the Health Centre, Ballygawley until 31 August 2019.
Board officers have met with staff at the Practice and a letter to registered patients is currently in the process of being issued. Patients do not need to register with another GP and they are asked to continue to contact the practice as normal. We will keep staff and patients fully informed about the progress of recruiting a new contractor at the earliest opportunity.
In April 2018, Dr Murty, a single handed GP retired from his surgery in Dungannon. On 1 May 2018 through negotiations with the HSCB, Campbell Surgery in Dungannon took on 70% of his former patients and the remaining 30% of patients were allocated to the surrounding GP Practices in the area.
The HSCB has been holding a series of workshops and meetings with the GPs in the Dungannon and surrounding areas with regards to providing help and support to Practices on registration issues.
The Health and Social Care Board (HSCB) has appointed a new contractor (Drs Wray and Johnston) to take over the provision of General Medical Services at Northland Surgery in Dungannon with effect from 1 April 2019
On 31st March 2018, Dr John Kirby and Dr Aisling Kirby retired from Derrylin Medical Practice.
On 1st April 2018, the former partners of Benaughlin Health Centre amalgamated with Dr Khew, Derrygonnelly and Derrylin Medical Practice to form Cuilcagh Medical Practice. Cuilcagh Medical Practice operates from 3 sites ie Derrygonnelly, Derrylin and Florencecourt.
On 31 July 2018, Dr Rosemary Sloan, a single handed GP retired from her surgery in Rathfriland. On 1 August 2018, through negotiations with the HSCB, the three GP Practices operating out of Rathfriland Health Centre and the Ballyward Surgery took on 85% of her former patients and the remaining 15% of patients were allocated to the surrounding GP Practices in the area.