Integrated care initiatives agreed
A number of initiatives to deliver more joined up care have been developed and agreed by the two ICPs in the Western area and the three ICPs in the Southern area. Funding has recently been approved by the Health and Social Care Board and work is underway to put those initiatives into practice.
In the Western ICP area over £800,000 will be invested by 31 March 2015 to deliver a number of initiatives, including:
- an integrated falls prevention pathway for the frail elderly;
- support programmes for carers;
- community based schemes to reduce social isolation of older people;
- coordination of a Diabetes Foot Care Pathway;
- additional diabetes education resources for patients, GPs and practice nurses.
In the Southern ICP area over £440,000 will be invested by 31 March 2015 to deliver a number of initiatives, including:
- advanced access to GP diagnostics to support care of the frail elderly;
- community pharmacy support to Rapid Response Team for the frail elderly;
- out of hours access for patients to a dementia on call service;
- foot assessment education and additional podiatry clinics for diabetic patients;
- out of hours diabetic specialist nurse advice service.
Work is ongoing to agree initiatives and investments for the Belfast, South Eastern and Northern ICP areas.