Health and Social Care Board logo
HSC Board photo

Reporting child abuse and neglect

If you are worried about the safety or welfare of a child, it is important that you report it. Even if you’re not sure, it's always best to get your concerns checked out by professionals. The information below gives advice on what to do if you think a child may be in danger.

Who to contact

If you think that a child living in Northern Ireland is:

bullet list

being abused

bullet list

has been harmed in any way

bullet list

is likely to suffer harm

you should contact the Gateway Services Teams for Children’s Social Work at the Health and Social Care (HSC) Trust in the area that the child lives.

Gateway Teams contact details (PDF 79 KB)